Edmonds and our neighboring south Snohomish County cities continue to grow, diversify, and are great places to live and work. With this growth our area continues to face challenges we need to address to support our community’s wellbeing.
As we transition out of the pandemic, my focus remains on the major opportunities to help Edmonds continue to flourish:
- Development of more types of housing, especially affordable housing for residents of all ages, including seniors and young families.
- Greater focus on underserved communities, with more equitable focus on supporting residents and opportunities in all neighborhoods of the city.
- Action on our climate crisis, prioritizing energy and transportation efficiency, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and pollutants running into Puget Sound.
- Thriving neighborhoods, with local businesses, safe walking and biking routes, and community spaces.
- Public safety and human services that centers on the needs of our residents, and includes responsible legislation to reduce gun violence.
Work accomplishments since January 2020:
- Authored “Housing and Relief Fund” to support Edmonds residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, distributing $580,000 to community members in need.
- Co-led establishment of an interlocal agreement with the Housing Authority of Snohomish County (HASCO) to create more opportunity for affordable housing in Edmonds.
- Suicide Prevention Month - September, 2020: led group of City and community partners to produce online events and advocacy work around mental health and suicide prevention work for residents of all ages.
- Co-led policy changes to Driving While License Suspended 3rd Degree, to address issues of equity and efficient use of justice resources.
- Authored resolution on banning residential evictions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supported $4/hour premium pay for local grocery workers.
- COVID-19 Recovery Task Force, Council representative
- Alliance for Housing Affordability, Board Member
- Snohomish County Tomorrow, Steering Committee Member
- Diversity Commission, Council Liaison